Things I like

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I've been a mother for quite some time now, and the thing I most want every year -- and every day, actually -- is peace and quiet.  I so enjoy time to create, and I do best in total solitude.  I do entertain myself with podcasts and I subscribe to three.  I've been behind in listening to them and have three more to listen to before I'm caught up!  This I will do today, as I put the finishing touches on the first little house I have ever made that isn't a square or rectangle.  This one has a porch, and looks much like the last house my grandparents lived in.

I'm also working on a self-portrait, trying out some new clay, and would like some time just to experiment with some inks I've had for some time.  It seems to me that everything takes me three times as long as it used to... for instance, yesterday it took all day just to miter and glue frames to the house I'm working on.  Somehow I will develop a system for that.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment