Things I like

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Making jewelry (Who, me?)

Okay, so I got distracted. I definitely didn't get the stuff done that I intended. But I found another rabbit trail to run down and finally got my website changed. I was having major issues with getting Yahoo on the phone, so I just took down the site I was trying to update and built a new one. It's not done, but it's operable. The new rabbit trail I found was making hardware jewelry. Not an original idea, but one I found fascinating. Then yesterday I spent the entire day trying to solder two pieces together. I followed the instructions (all except the one about adequate ventilation. No fans around, no window.) but I couldn't get the solder to melt... except when I finally would get a solder puddle, it was in the wrong place, then no more melting. I'll keep trying. Meanwhile, here's a photo of some of the jewelry I made, and I am thinking about taking it to Canton for the November and December First Mondays. Let me know what you think! I like it and have been wearing a different one every day.
Now, reboot, back to painting fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment