Things I like

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Wednesday already!

Yesterday I had a total meltdown! I was working on the family Christmas cards, something I said I'd do, volunteered actually, and worked straight through from 9 a.m. to 4... something I should NOT do. Suddenly the math and the measurements and the stamps and the scissors all jumbled themselves into a heap on the floor. Or so it felt. Boy, I am really grateful for my Pazzles, which today with me in a less harried frame of mind, dutifully cut the mat shapes I need without any argument. My time has been spent sewing art quilts and my paper art projects have been stacking up, so I made a schedule this week. Monday, sew; Tuesday, Christmas cards; Wednesday: (Yaaaay!) Studio time. Time to get back to the encaustics and a couple of acrylic collages I am working on. Some cultures believe we are lucky to be able to grow old. But I find it quite disturbing; I cannot do all the things I want to do in the time I used to be able to do it, and I tend to want to finish one task before beginning another, so I have to schedule accordingly. Otherwise I go nuts with all these things in front of me that I think need doing. But today is Wednesday, glorious Wednesday, and I can play.

No comments:

Post a Comment