Things I like

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Hoarder's Key to Organizing

I really have been working overtime for the past week and a half, trying to clear out surfaces, old drawers I haven't touched in months, boxes I've stored some things in haphazardly, all the "gonna use someday" stuff... and finally I got down to the project I am working on presently, which is gessoing lots of pages for about five art journals that I have going on.

So today, with the last of the detritus, little stuff... I made myself a promise: if I haven't found a place to put it in a journal by the end of the day, OUT IT GOES!  So I will be busy all day, actually creating collage art.

And the funny thing is, that's when my art is at its best.  I am very pleased with what is happening so far with these pages. 

Clutter doesn't help me, mentally (or physically either, as it turns out, as I exacerbated an old herniated disk this week lifting big containers to high shelves) so I know I will have some great art to show off as a result of this resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment