Things I like

Monday, December 24, 2012

The Sketchbook Project 2013

I have chosen to participate in the Sketchbook Project for 2013, and it's a good thing! It is the last one that will be a traveling exhibit in the manner they have done it. My book is nearly done. It consists of a 34-page journal/sketchbook that is 5x7 in size, and will be a part of a library of thousands of others, available eventually in a permanent library in Brooklyn. I've never even been to Brooklyn! I began the book thinking I would just sketch, zentangle and what-not, but as I have been getting more and more into art journaling, I found the book evolving into a narrative of the year. Of course it contains my portraits of nameless women (and I am trying to learn to draw happier faces) but it also includes my elation at the President's re-election, my sadness at losing my ten-year-old Pomeranian, and includes a tribute to the 20 children in Connecticut. That sketch is also included here. As I end this year (and complete this book) I am consolidating as much of my web activity as I can, and closing the Etsy store. I really want to focus on making art.

No comments:

Post a Comment